Thursday, January 19, 2012

Painting Warhammer 40K Ork Nobz

I am sitting and watching basketball as the temp is 27 below outside, so I thought I would post the next group of Ork models I painted. These were the Nobz out of the Assault on Black Reach set. Of note, after a week of 40 below and colder, I realize that it is a strange world where you get excited when it warms up to 20 below.

Anyway, here are the Orks I painted, sticking to the color scheme that my daughter picked out. I followed the same general process as the last post with the addition of adding some brass and more detail items.
Here are my 5 Space Ork Nobz in the red accent paint scheme. I wasn't sure how what to do with the spy glass, so just painted it brass and used badab black wach to dirty it up some.

the back view of the Nobz.

At least I remembered to paint the Nobz fingernails this go round.

I washed the metal, but did much less in the way of blood splatter on the weapons. I completely missed the lip ring on the right side model, but my daughter spotted it.

I do like the way the models include the small details like metal rings, teeth, etc. Makes painting much more interesting, but there always seems to be something you miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment